Monday, October 8, 2012

Eikelands visit and the zoo

Lisa brought the kids over Saturday to hang out because Erik had to go to Gainesville for his MBA program.  Luckily for us Lisa didn't realize how easy Erik's weekend was going to be or she may have opted to take the kids with Erik instead of coming here!

We met them at a playground that I went to with some of the moms in my Bible study.  It looked like there were going to be a couple of birthday parties there, too, but the playground is so big that it wasn't crowded.  Robbie and Kayleigh played together.  It was so cute hearing Robbie yell "Kaywee!  Kaywee!"  Kayleigh was good about keeping her eye on Robbie and not getting too far ahead of him.  I think we were there a little more than an hour before heading to lunch.  Lisa had never been to Rosy's, our favorite Mexican restaurant, so we went there.  I didn't ask her if she liked it, so hopefully she did.  We came back to the house and played for a while before nap time.  My kids napped, Lisa's had quiet time.  I napped, too.  I really couldn't tell you how the kids entertained themselves after nap time, but they played and were good.  Matthew went and got pizza (kids) and calzones (adults) for dinner.  Yum!  Afterward Robbie opened his birthday presents from the Eikelands.  He got a set of golf clubs and 2 folding chairs (one Mickey Mouse and one Cars).  Luckily there were 3 golf clubs in the set, so each of the big kids got to play with one.  The big kids all took a bath together before Lisa took hers back home.  Robbie was so sad to see them leave!  He keeps looking for them and calling their names.

Here are some videos taken when Robbie was opening his present.  It's pretty chaotic, but so much fun!





Alex talking.  This video makes me sad because it got cut off because the memory card was full.  He was talking a lot that night!



Matthew loves how Robbie is sitting chilled out around the 30 second mark.



Cousin love



Kaywee!



Today I went to the zoo with my friend, Michelle, and her daughter, Ava.  It was supposed to be cool today, but it was not.  Luckily I sweat a lot.  Robbie had so much fun with Ava.  I think he liked having another little person to run around with.  We were talking about our trip as I was putting Robbie to bed tonight and he said "Ava friend".  So sweet!  Robbie is a hugger and I don't think Ava really knew what to do with him when he tried to give her a hug.  He also tried to hold her hand and that didn't go over well, either.  I'm sure Ava's dad is glad she's staying away from boys! :)



























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's cute to hear him talking so much at the zoo but my favorite clip is him running down the hall calling for Kaywee.