Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

I know I'm not out working any more, but I still love weekends and spending the day with Matt. Plus it means that he's home to help with poopy diapers! :)

This picture was taken Friday, but I'm including it. Robbie is still trying to figure out this toy. You'll see that he can't take the block out the same way it went in.




Saturday we drove down to St. Augustine. The weather was beautiful! We walked up and down St. George Street and hung out in front of the fort. I don't think Robbie was crazy about sitting in the grass, but he did like to pick it. We did leave with a bag of taffy. Yum! After enjoying our time in the historic district we headed up to the outlets for lunch and shopping. I couldn't resist getting a onesie for Robbie that says "Hug Magnet." It's really cute, but it's a 12 month onesie and has long sleeves, so he won't be wearing it for a while.

I love how Robbie crosses his feet!



After church Sunday we came home for lunch. Matt wanted to be more productive, but I said we needed the day of rest and we could labor on Labor Day. We rested. :)

After lunch today, we decided to go to a few car dealerships to look for a minivan. After our last visit to St. Pete we knew we had pretty much outgrown the Corolla. We set Robbie's birthday as the deadline to get a minivan. I knew a new minivan was not going to be in our price range and I had to come to terms with buying a used car. I know new cars aren't a good investment, but I like knowing how well (or not) the owner has taken care of the car. The first dealership we stopped at had 4 used minivans. Two were older than I wanted, one was a Kia, which is popular in my family, but the back was very cramped and the last one was a 2007 Toyota Sienna. It was the only one that I would have considered looking at. I took it for a test drive (Matt and Robbie stayed behind) and loved how it drove. We decided to see how good of a deal they would give us. They gave us a really good deal, so it's now ours! Matt had to give up his truck, but he knew that was going to happen. We're pretty sure the van won't fit into the garage, though, and that makes me sad, so we'll talk about the van's finer points. It has leather interior, a DVD player, a GPS, bluetooth hook up (I called my mom from the car!), 4 disc CD player, automatic doors, a lot of storage in the back, and a button in the back that puts the rear row up and down.

Here are some pictures:



Sorry the pictures are dark. I couldn't find our camera and really thought it fell out in the restaurant in St. Augustine. Obviously cameras can be replaced, but the pictures and videos on the memory card are priceless!

Hope you had a great Labor Day!

3 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

YAHOO!!!

Loving Mommyhood said...

I am really not happy with you and your sister right now. I need a minivan (I can't believe I just said those words)! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Good grief, it would have been easier to list the features the minivan doesn't have. It's beautiful.
The pictures of Robbie are - what else - cute!! And Jenna will be doing more soon for you.