Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Baby #2

To say that I am surprised that baby #2 is a boy is an understatement. This pregnancy has been so different than my first one that I was convinced that we were having a girl. I did say that with the two babies so close in age a boy would be great because the two would play together. I'm no expert on babies, but I do know that boys and girls play differently. Matt knew this baby was going to be a boy, so he wasn't as surprised as I was.

The baby looks great. He is pretty much measuring right on schedule, but we know that babies don't always follow schedules! The technician said she had a hard time because my bladder was so full (you can see it on the screen) and I wanted to say "Then why did you tell me to drink so much water before the appointment?" She is very nice, though, and talked to us during the entire appointment. She is also the same one that did Robbie's sonogram, so I knew she was good. At the end of the appointment she let me go to the restroom while she finished up with the paperwork and DVD and gave it to Matt. She knew how ready I was! :)

Remember, there's no sound on the video.

The first measurement is the head. The second measurement is the belly. The third measurement is the femur. Around 3:40 you can see the babies heartbeat. The black hole you see after that is my bladder! Then she starts pointing out the male part. She zooms in because I told her my mom won't believe the baby is a boy. :) Around minute 5 you can see him kicking his legs and at minute 6 you see his arms moving by his face. It looks like he might suck his thumb for a little bit. You can see his mouth moving, too. I can already tell he's a cute one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, HE'S going to be another cute one. I noticed she pointed HIM out twice so there is no doubt we're all on team blue now. HE'S got good leg and arm movement. Good thing I didn't put money on my bet. What a miracle.

Loving Mommyhood said...

That is so cool! Congrats on little brother. I said what your mom did - I told Lisa, now all the grandkids are even!