Monday, September 19, 2011

Robbie is 11 months old!!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard to believe that 11 months have passed since Robbie was born and that he will be a year old in 1 month. I miss baby Robbie, but he is so much fun at this age, too. Besides being able to turn on the TV, he has learned to turn on the Xbox. Now when he stands up in front of the TV he'll start laughing because he knows that Matt or I are going to get him. I posted a video earlier of Robbie turning on the TV, here's a video of him waiting for me to get him.



I love how he focuses in on the object that he is crawling toward, and he'll crawl faster if he really wants something. He has started dancing with one of his toys (the one that's like a table). Robbie sleeps through the night all the time. Usually he'll sleep for at least 10 hours, 11 if we're lucky. I know some kids sleep for 12 hours at night, and I really wish Robbie did, because I still think 6 is early. (He usually goes to bed between 7:30 - 8 and gets up between 5:30 - 6:30, though sometimes it's earlier and sometimes it's a little later.)

This past weekend we gave him chicken again and he really liked it this time around. I definitely want to give him organic meat and milk. I'm sure we won't do it forever, but I do worry about all of the hormones they give the food animals and how it affects our children.

When getting dressed he sometimes helps put his arm through the sleeve or he'll pull the shirt down over his face. He doesn't do it all of the time, but it's nice when he does. He loves getting up into Matt's gaming chair. It makes me nervous sometimes because he'll face the back of the chair and I worry that he'll fall backward. Luckily he hasn't yet. I usually let him get down, though it's not always successful and sometimes ends with tears. Robbie can open dresser drawers and likes to pull the clothes out. It's never very many, though. Last week I had his clothes folded and in his basket in our room and he pulled most of the clothes out. Fun for him!

Here are the monthly pictures:



Here are some more pictures we took tonight.



We just got our new scanner. I'm sure we could have sent our old one to Canon to get it fixed, but I guarantee it cost less to get a new one. With that said, we'll get #2's ultrasound pictures scanned and posted soon.

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I can't believe how little Robbie used to be! And doesn't it sound like he says "mama" at the end of the video when he's crawling to you?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I definitely heard "Mama". That's the cutest video I've seen of him - getting all excited like that.