Monday, June 7, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

We had our doctor's appointment today to find out the gender of our baby. For some reason I had a feeling that the baby was a boy, but I had no reason to think that way. Matt thought that the baby was a girl, and I'm sure he didn't have a reason for thinking that either. Last night I had a dream that we were having a girl, but that could have been because we just decided on a girl's name this weekend. We haven't settled on a boy's name, though we have thought of many, but they usually don't stick. As soon as we have a name, we'll let you know, but don't be surprised if it isn't until November!! Matt said this morning that he changed his mind and thought the baby was a boy. It was a little last minute for a change, but I'll give it to him since it was before we got to the doctor's office. :)

We got in and out of the doctor's office pretty quickly this morning. The ultrasound tech said that we have a very good looking baby. We were able to see a lot more of the bones this time around. She also said that the baby had hiccups, but he's too small for me to feel them. I do think I have felt the baby move a couple of times, but I'm not sure. I know I saw the boy parts before the tech pointed them out to us, but since I'm not always sure of what I am looking at I didn't say anything, so I wasn't surprised when she said that we're having a boy. I always wanted to have a boy first, but I would have been just as thrilled to have a girl!! If you read my brother and sister-in-law's blog you will see that before their appointment to find out what they are having I said that they are having a girl (they are) and we are having a boy (we are). I am not a gender picking expert, but I am better than Lisa is!

We also met with one of the doctors. They rotate who I see each visit because it is just whoever is on call that day who delivers the baby. It was very quick, and I go back in 4 weeks for another visit.

Here are 4 pictures from the ultrasound:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're SO excited for you both!!! The best thing is that he's healthy.

Kelli said...

Yeah!!! How sweet. Boys are wonderful. Congrats guys.