Friday, June 11, 2010

Crib

Yesterday I went to Babies R Us to buy the crib for the baby. I had a 20% off coupon that expired yesterday, so I went ahead and bought it. The surprise for me was that they had one in stock. I thought we were going to have to wait for it to come in. They let me put it on delayed pick up because there is no way it would fit in my car, so we'll probably go this weekend with Matt's truck. It won't get put together right away. We know that the guest bedroom is going to become the baby's room, so there is a lot of furniture rearranging that is going to have to go on before then. If you are free one weekend and want to come help move furniture, let us know and we'll put you to work! :) We are waiting to buy the mattress. We're just taking it one 20% off coupon at a time! A huge thank you from us and the baby to Matt's mom for offering to buy the crib for us!



We went with the lighter color to match the dresser and night stand that we already have and are passing down to the baby. It is the same one that Lisa and I used growing up that our parents got from my mom's parents. I hope the baby likes heirlooms!! We know that the woods won't be an exact match, but we're okay with that.

It's a coincidence that the bedding they have displayed with the crib is the one I really like. We haven't talked about accessories yet, but don't be surprised if we end up registering for it!

I promise we aren't withholding the baby's name, we just haven't made a decision yet. I am very serious when I say that it could be November before we pick a name. Or it could be July. Who knows?? :)

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Cute! Love it girl. :)

Loving Mommyhood said...

Love the bedding! That is so cool you are using you and Lisa's furniture. I like traditions.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Don't rush on the name. He'll be stuck with it for his whole life, so it's a hard decision, all of us parents know. Until then, we'll call him "Bob". :)

nick, robyn and taylor said...

That bedding is adorable!!! And I'm all about hand-me-down furniture (and other things for that matter). I like the crib, too. I hope y'all are having fun getting ready for your sweet baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Very nice of Matt's mother to buy that for him. Are you going to have Science class with that comforter? It's so cute.