Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I always wonder where 365 days have gone. Last year was a good year finding out about Alex and Robbie turning 1. It's hard to imagine what our lives will be like soon with two little ones running around. I know Robbie is going to be a good big brother, but Alex is going to have to be tough (and if you've seen how Robbie "rocks" the bouncy seat, you know what I mean!). Matthew and I did stay up and watch the ball drop. I had to make Matthew stay up, though. He wanted to go to bed at 11:52! Is it just me or did the ball drop used to be more impressive? Maybe it's another one of those things where I was younger and the ball seemed bigger. I also wanted to see how Dick Clark is doing. I think he looked better than he did last year, but someone needs to tell him to lay off the spray tanning!

Back to last year. Barbara, Mimi, Gramps and Uncle Mark came up for a visit Thursday and Friday. They got here in time for lunch and Matt suggested going to The Loop. I was secretly excited because one of my friends was in town for the day and had invited me to lunch at The Loop. I declined since they were coming in town. Matthew didn't know and there are multiple Loops in town, but we chose the same one they did. Not only did I see my friend, Dawn, and her daughter, Tabitha, but my former personal trainer, Josh, was there with his daughter, Isis, who is 2 years old. I haven't seen him since before Robbie was born and Isis was just a baby. Josh also has a 9 month old son, but he wasn't with him.

After lunch we came home and let Robbie nap before opening Christmas gifts. Yes, we still had one more Christmas! Robbie has a lot of new cars and a road rug to play with them on. The rug is currently in the family room, but I think it will get moved into his room.

While I ran to Publix to pick up dinner, Matthew, Gramps and Uncle Mark put together Robbie's new swing set. It's toddler sized and perfect for him. He likes swinging the most.

Ready to climb up the steps



Down the slide!



How many men does it take to strap in Robbie?



I like to swing!



Friday Matthew bought Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast and we heated up some mini-quiches. I wish we hadn't had the quiches because now Matthew knows why I like them so much! :) We did lunch at Sonny's and then went to a park for a little while. Our guests left shortly after that.

Saturday we bought a few remaining items for Alex's room. We're almost ready for him to come! I wanted to have it all done yesterday, but that didn't happen. We have a running list of what needs to get done and we are slowly getting everything crossed off. We are definitely more ready for Alex than we were for Robbie, though! Matthew hung the new curtain rods and diaper stacker. I might rewash Alex's sheets because Robbie has been playing a lot in the crib while we work. It's nice that he doesn't mind being in the crib, but it also makes me nervous because I think he could get out if he wanted to because the mattress is on a higher level in Alex's crib than in Robbie's. Robbie enjoyed playing with Alex's new baby soother. We decided to do that instead of a mobile. The soother lights up and the fish move around. It will play classical music or ocean sounds. It came with a remote, so we could turn it on without having to go into the room. We went to a consignment store that I had gone to a few months ago. When I was there last time they had video room monitors very well priced. I was afraid that they would be gone when we went, but there were still 2 there. I plugged each end in to make sure it worked and it works perfectly! It's the same brand that we have for Robbie, just a different model.

Curtains and valance



Changing table and diaper stacker



Crib soother



Our to do list



It was nice to start the new year off going to church this morning, though I was sad when Matt told me that there wasn't going to be Sunday School this week. We have been going to service lately and not Sunday School and I was looking forward to seeing our friends. I'm sure they will be there next week!

No comments: