Friday, January 13, 2012

Alex's Ultrasound

Yesterday we went in for an ultrasound of Alex to check his size. If Alex was big the doctors would want me to have a c-section again. Luckily Alex is looking good and healthy, though on the larger size of average. The ultrasound technician measured him at 6 lbs, 7 oz and thinks he will be about the same size or a little larger than Robbie when he is born. Of course that estimation depends on if he comes as early as Robbie, too! Alex is head down looking toward my left side and still "high up there". I'm not quite sure what that means except that he hasn't dropped into birthing position yet. I wish the technician talked more about what she saw and was doing, though. I think she measured the belly first, a leg (femur?) and then his head. She did say that Alex looks like Robbie and that he has a nice round head. (That almost made me want to have a c-section just to keep his head nice!) I wish Alex was moving around more just so I could see him move rather than just feel him! Of course he waited until after the ultrasound to start moving around! The doctor seemed pleased as well. My 36 week appointment is scheduled for January 26th. We'll see if we make it that far!

Ultrasound video:



The nurse didn't do a Doppler of Alex's heartbeat because we had the ultrasound. I missed hearing it. :(

No comments: