Thursday, January 26, 2012

36 week appointment

I made it to my 36 week appointment! I think Alex is going to hang around for a while longer. Maybe he's seen how Robbie is with the cats and he is afraid to come out and face him. :) As ready as I am to meet Alex (and not be pregnant!), I'm happy that he's hanging around as long as he needs to. I don't want to rush anything and I figure babies know when the time is right, even when we disagree! I still want him to wait until February, but that's Wednesday, so it's right around the corner. Plus I'll be 37 weeks on Monday and that is considered full term, so even Monday would be a good day.

Everything is checking out ok. My blood pressure is good, Alex's heart rate was in the 140s, and I'm measuring 37 1/2 cm. I really thought I would measure around 40 cm. I didn't realize how big I had gotten until I saw the pictures that my mom took last weekend. Lisa and I both agree that I am carrying Alex the same way she carried Kayleigh and Brian, way out front!

I asked the doctor if there were any visiting restrictions with Robbie and she said there aren't. Obviously I don't want Robbie in the room when I'm in labor, but I'd like to see him after Alex is born and before I go home, especially if I stay as long as I did with Robbie. With Robbie I did take advantage of the extra night and I don't know if I will do that this time around, but we were in the hospital 5 days. I can't imagine not seeing Robbie for 5 days!

I don't know what it's like with Matt's family, but I have to keep telling my family that just because I call them doesn't mean I'm going into labor. Yes, that call is coming in the next few weeks, but don't jump to conclusions whenever you see one of our phone numbers come up on the caller id! :)

Alex's heart beat:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always great to hear another good report. You can call anytime - I'm calm. Wait, is that the phone ringing?? GET OUT OF MY WAY SO I CAN ANSWER!!! Oh, sorry...

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Yay for making it to the 36 week appt! We look forward to his arrival, but we're certainly not rushing him. I can't believe you're already 36 weeks!!! I wonder if he'll look like Robbie.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

We are excited to meet Alex, too! Take advantage of your time in the hospital...Robbie can come and visit you as much as he (or his driver) wants!