Saturday, January 21, 2012

Working Vacation

My parents wanted to come up for one more visit before Alex came. When my mom asked about coming up, she said they wanted to come while it's just the "3 of you." I said it might not be the three of us. She asked who else was coming and I said Alex!! He's not here yet, so don't think you missed anything, but if Alex follows in Robbie's footsteps, he'll be coming Tuesday. :)

My parents drove up Friday in time for dinner. It's nice that they were able to come early because the last couple of visits Robbie was in bed before they got here. They wore him out because he slept through the night. (He hasn't been sleeping well this past week). After breakfast we all got to work. Matt washed the van so my dad could wax it. While Matt was doing that, Dad and I hung two shelves in Alex's room. That was quick and easy because I had already marked out where they were going, so Dad just had to drill and hang.

Mom wanted a picture of Alex, so I made sure you could see him. :)



Finishing up



When Dad went out to wax the van, Mom and I hung the pirate ship I ordered from Etsy. The hardest part was making sure we hung it straight. It turned out so well!

Peeling off the backing



Finished product



Pirate ship, changing table and diaper stacker



Monkey changing pad cover



Last week Matthew hung the comforter over Alex's crib. It's cute and I'm glad we're able to use it as a decoration since Alex can't use it for a while



The pillow in the glider was given to me as a graduation present from the mom of the kids Lisa and I used to babysit. We probably babysat them for 4 years. It's hard to believe that the oldest is in college and the twins are seniors in high school. They will always be little to me!



After lunch Mom, Robbie and I went to Books A Million to get a baby book for Alex. When we got there we found out that the store is closing, so all of the books are 20% off. I wouldn't say it's a super great deal, but it's still better than paying full price. We did find a baby book, plus I bought Robbie a couple of books he can have in the bath tub and a Little People book. I was surprised that Matthew and Dad were awake when we got back. I tried to put Robbie down for a nap in his crib since he fell asleep in the car. He didn't want to be alone so Dad went in to rock him for a bit and they ended up napping together. I'll admit I took a nap, too! Sometime Matt scrubbed down the porch chairs. I didn't know he had done it until he said he needed to put them away.

Robbie is now 15 months! He loves to read books and he is getting pretty good at pointing to different objects. Last weekend he got his top two cuspid teeth. I have heard that babies have a hard time when the cuspids come in, but Robbie didn't seem overly bothered by it. Of course, that's when he stopped sleeping well, so maybe they do bother him!!

Matt said that we need to stop taking monthly pictures of Robbie because it's too hard to get him to cooperate. While I agree, I'm not sure I'm ready to stop trying. Robbie is just too interested in the camera to be still and smile. Here's what I got:

Hey, you have the camera!



Is it my turn to hold the camera?



There, I pet Shamu.



How can you say no to this face??



I can't say that this has been a relaxing weekend for my parents, but they helped us get a lot done!!

5 comments:

Loving Mommyhood said...

WOW! You are ready to pop! I love that pirate ship wall decal...so cute. In that last picture, Robby looks so much like Brian and I love how your dad is napping...you must have worked him hard! Very exciting days ahead.

Anonymous said...

It is really nice being able to read all that is happening in your household. I love reading these and it also gives me the opportunity to feel I am right there with you and I get to also see your parents and the other kids as well. Love you all, Tia Katrina

Anonymous said...

It is really nice being able to read all that is happening in your household. I love reading these and it also gives me the opportunity to feel I am right there with you and I get to also see your parents and the other kids as well. Love you all, Tia Katrina

Anonymous said...

We love being with you all and am glad we could help get a few more things finished before 2/20.

Kelli said...

Love your pirate theme! Etsy is such a great resource. :) Not too much longer, eh?! :)