Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Robbie's 15 month appointment

Today was Robbie's 15 month appointment. Robbie weighs 25 lbs, 12 oz and is 32 in tall. (I'm not sure how accurate his height is because he was squirming so much!). That keeps him in the 75th for both, which is what he has been in pretty much since birth.

It was hard because every time the nurse or doctor walked in Robbie started crying. It's almost like he knew what was coming! I was afraid he was going to grab the stethoscope from the doctor when he was listening to Robbie's heart and lungs and scream into it. I asked the doctor if that had happened before, and it has! I don't think there was any way that the doctor was going to look into Robbie's eyes. He did try, though. I'm glad the doctor was able to look into his ears because Matthew noticed Robbie was pulling on them Sunday. Of course it could be hair tickling his ears or teething.

This was definitely the hardest appointment when it came to the shots. I made Matt hold him, but I took Robbie when they were done. It was only 2 shots, but still it's no fun. The doctor said next time will be better when it's only 1 shot. I don't know if Robbie agrees with him or not! The only good thing that came from all of the crying was that I saw his bottom right cuspid coming in.

It looks like Alex is going to stay put for a while longer. I kept thinking I shouldn't have schedule my 36 week appointment since I didn't make it with Robbie, but I guess I'll be going to it Thursday. My mom Bible study group is doing a lunch for us next Friday and I told them I'd try not to let Alex come before then! I can't believe next week is February. I really wanted Alex to wait until February to be born and I think he just might!

No comments: