Thursday, December 29, 2011

32 week appointment

With so much going on, it's hard to believe that it's only been 2 weeks since my last appointment and I'll be back in 2 more weeks for another check up! Everything is going well. My blood pressure is good and Alex's heart rate is good. The nurse said that Alex's heart rate is 136, which surprised me because it has been in the 150s. She said that their heart rate can be anywhere between 130 - 180 and there are many factors that can affect the heart rate. I imagine that it's lower because he was sleeping. He didn't move around and made it easy for the nurse to find his heartbeat and not have to search for it. I know he was up late last night because I could feel him moving. I thought he was going to karate kick his way out last night!! A couple of kicks really hurt. I told the nurse that at my last 2 appointments they had a hard time getting a clear sound of the heartbeat and she said that it's because my placenta is toward the front, so that is why the sound of the blood going through the placenta is so much louder than the sound of Alex's heartbeat. It's nothing to be concerned about, it just explains it.

It's a long video, but you can really hear his heartbeat.



The doctor measured me at 35 cm, so that is much bigger than I should be at this point. He isn't concerned and said that it could just be Alex's position. In 2 weeks I get to have an ultrasound to check his weight and position. That will be a fun appointment!

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

You are my twin sister, so I'm not surprised that you're measuring big. Can't wait for your next appointment!

Anonymous said...

We're ready to come up when we get the call. Could it really be in January? I'm anxious to find out what the sonogram shows in 2 weeks.