Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving and Robbie walking

I realize that it's December and Thanksgiving was a week and a half ago, but I didn't know where the camera was and pictures make the blogs so much better! :)

We headed down Wednesday morning a little later than we had planned, and made it to Mimi and Gramps' house after lunch. Unfortunately we couldn't join everyone for lunch because Robbie's stomach doesn't last as long as ours. Mariruth (Matt's sister-in-law) and Will (nephew) flew down Tuesday night, so they and Barbara met us at Mimi and Gramps'. We visited with them for a couple of hours and then headed to Barbara's. We hoped Robbie would take a nap, but I guess he had too much energy from being in the car all morning. Later we met up with Mark for dinner. Monett and Gary were going to come, but Gary had to work late, so they didn't make it. After dinner we went to my parents' house because we were sleeping there the whole trip.

Thanksgiving was a big day for us. We had lunch at Mimi and Gramps' house with all of that side of the family. There were 19 adults and 3 kids. (Patrick and Caitlin, Matt's brother and niece, drove in Wednesday night.) I think Mimi and Gramps are going to have to build a bigger house if we are all going to fit in there much longer! :) Lunch was late for Robbie's schedule, so he had a sweet potato appetizer before the main course. He really liked the turkey.

Mimi and Gramps have a place on their wall for pictures of their great grandkids. Alex's spot is ready and waiting!



Robbie eating sweet potatoes with his make-shift bib because we left his at my parents' house.



Robbie and Caitlin "wrestling".



It's hard to get a good picture when youngins are involved!



After lunch we went to my parents' house. Mom was just leaving to pick up my grandma when we pulled in. Grandma got to spend some time with us and Robbie before my brother and his family arrived. I know my mom feels bad that we have the same thing for lunch and dinner, but I don't. It's one of the few times a year I get turkey, so I have to get my fill of it!! They also had a Honey Baked Ham, so Robbie had that for dinner. My niece, Mia, is so good with Robbie. They played a lot together. Robbie is getting more fun now that he can do more, too. :)

The cousins playing together.



Reading with Abuelo.



Sitting in the rocking chair.



We spent Friday with Matt's dad and family. Patrick, Mariruth and the kids spent the night at their house, so they were there, too. After breakfast we went to the kids museum. I think I would have had fun there even if we didn't have kids! They had a lot to do and I don't think we saw everything. I know I didn't anyway.

Shooting water with Daddy.



Putting the ball in the track with Aunt Brittany.



The different buttons would make the animal sound.



Of course he's not happy, someone's taking his picture and there's a fire to fight!!



We had lunch at the museum and then went to the playground outside. It was a different playground that didn't have the traditional equipment (swings, slides, etc), but it had a lot of fun other options. There was a 3-way see-saw that Matt, Jean and I got on. Someone there brought his pig, so we went over to check her out. From there we went to another playground that had swings and slides.

Checking out the pig.



Happy to be swinging.



Checking on Will.



After the park it was just a short walk to where there was a Christmas tree lighting and festival. We walked around for a while and took our picture in front of the Christmas tree.

All of us.



Grandpa, GiGi and the grandkids.



Jim and Jean wanted to take us to a Chick-fil-a that goes all out decorating for Christmas. It was pretty amazing. They had lights that were synced to music, a "snow" machine and Santa was there. Will did the best with Santa, but probably because he had no idea what was going on. Caitlin wouldn't even go near him and Robbie cried when I tried to put him on Santa's lap.







The best picture with Santa.



Saturday morning my mom and I headed up to visit my grandma. We walked down to one of the lounges that has 3 big fish tanks. Robbie liked to look at the fish, but he really liked playing with the decorative sea shells that were on a plate on a table. Most of them ended up on the floor, but he also shared them with me, mom and grandma. Grandma gave him some crackers when we were leaving and gave him a ride on her walker. He gets so spoiled! :)

Catching a ride with Nana.



A mouth full of crackers.



For lunch, Matt, Robbie and I headed over to Mimi and Gramps. We did a Christmas gift exchange with Caitlin and Will since we won't see them at Christmas. Caitlin pretty much got to open everyone's gifts since Robbie and Will are too young to do it themselves. Sometimes it's good to be the oldest one!

Caitlin and Robbie playing the piano.



Caitlin opening a gift while Robbie plays with the ribbon.



Mom and dad had Jonathan and the family over for dinner. Chat was in charge of dessert both times. Thursday night we had apple upside down cake. Saturday we had a chocolate-covered Saltine dessert that I don't know the name of, but I know I love it!

Sunday we just hung out at my parents' house and watched football. Dad tried out a new recipe on us. I don't know if it was a keeper recipe or not, though. I liked it.

Dad and Robbie in the kitchen.



Robbie took his first steps on his birthday, but usually only takes a couple of steps at a time and not very often. He's been doing it more lately and really likes to walk around holding your hand. Today he started taking more steps more often. These aren't his first steps, but the video is the first one we have of him walking. Matt is taking the video, but Robbie is walking toward me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT job walking. I finally got to see him go more than 2 steps. He'll be ready to go for a walk with us when we come up again. Those are all good pictures.