Thursday, December 22, 2011

Visit with Grandma and Abuelo

Since we aren't traveling for Christmas this year my parents came up last weekend to celebrate with us. It was warm to be celebrating Christmas, but I don't think it's going to be any different on Sunday.

My parents drove up Friday. The only bad thing is that they missed seeing Robbie before he went to bed, but they were ready to play Saturday morning! After breakfast we drove up to Amelia Island. Matthew took the scenic route so Robbie could get in a good nap. It didn't quite work as we planned because Robbie didn't sleep the whole time, but we got to see a part of Florida that my parents hadn't seen before (and I think I've only driven through one other time). There was a very small farmer's market that we walked through and mom and Robbie each got a banana. We walked around the city for a while before deciding on a place for lunch.

After lunch we stopped and I bought some fudge. My dad found out that the owner (I think he was the owner) was going to make some fudge, so we stayed for the show. The fudge was poured on a marble table and he moved it around to help it harden. He would also toss ribbons of fudge in the air. My dad asked him why he did that and he said because it's fun!

Grandma, Robbie and Abuelo



Taking a stroll



The fudge on the table



Fudge ribbon



Can you see fudge on the ceiling?




After dinner Robbie (ok, Matt and I) opened his gifts from my parents. He kept trying to play with the toys before they came out of the box, so I know they were good gifts!

Mom made French toast before church Sunday. Afterward we filled up on free samples at Costco before coming home to tortilla soup that had been cooking in the crock pot. They didn't stay too much longer, but some people had to work Monday.

We pretty much have the furniture in place in Alex's room. There's still plenty to do, but it's getting closer to being done!

No comments: