Tuesday, December 20, 2011

More furniture for Alex!

Matt and I went to a consignment store tonight to look for a Christmas gift for Robbie. After going to a couple of consignment stores and seeing the toys they have and the good condition they are in I figure it's better to get them there and pay less for them. We ended up not finding what we were looking for, but as soon as we walked in we were greeted with a changing table that matches the furniture we bought for Alex. It's not in perfect condition, but it's pretty close! There were two identical changing tables, so we even had our pick. (We chose the one with the drawer that actually opened.) After walking around a little bit I saw a glider and ottoman. The wood is darker than the furniture, but I'm not complaining. We saved $90 on the changing table and anywhere from $125 - $225 on the glider depending on what brand it is. (There isn't a tag for me to tell for sure, but it's a great deal either way!!)

The glider, ottoman and changing table (that Matt didn't have to put together!)



The glider and ottoman



The changing table next to Alex's dresser



The glider may end up in Robbie's room if we switch it with the recliner that is in his room. I remember when Robbie was first born that I slept many nights in the recliner and that may happen again when Alex is born.

3 comments:

Loving Mommyhood said...

I love great deals! Especially for kids stuff and it looks perfect. I was telling Lisa that you guys sure had things done early and then I remembered Alex could be born in January, but hoping for closer to February! Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Nice looking furniture. You got some good buys. Is everything where you want it yet?

nick, robyn and taylor said...

That is awesome! I love a great deal! And the changing table looks like a perfect match to me.