Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Robbie's first haircut

It has been a long time that I have been saying that Robbie needs a haircut. I didn't want to do it right before his birthday because I knew we would be taking a lot of pictures and I was afraid that he might get a bad haircut. I don't know why we waited so long between his birthday and now to do it, especially with the holidays coming up, but we did and now it's done. I had a couple of friends recommend a children's salon not too far from us. Robbie got to sit in a train. I think the whole time he thought we were going to leave him. He wouldn't even let us put him down to play with toys they had out while we waited. The stylist attempted to put the cape on him, but that wasn't going to happen if Robbie had anything to say about it. Since he didn't like it she just cut his hair without the cape on and we are left to deal with very hairy clothes! The stylist tried to distract Robbie with bubbles and bells, but that didn't work. He pretty much cried the whole first half of the haircut and clung to me as I tried to get him to sit still and not grab the scissors. Matthew was also there to protect his fingers from getting a trim! Robbie stopped crying when the stylist next to us started sweeping up the hair from her client. When she was done sweeping she started blowing bubbles. I think he liked her sweeping more than blowing bubbles, though. The stylist did a good job considering how non-cooperative her client was! I'm kind of sad that we got his hair cut just because he's growing up and I think he looks older now. We did get a little bag of hair and a certificate of his first haircut. I think we had the last appointment of the day, and that's probably a good thing because if there were other kids coming in after Robbie they probably would have turned around and left! We'll be showing off his new 'do to family soon!

What are you going to do to me??



Bubbles!



I'm ready to get out now.



Seriously, get me out of here!!



I don't like this.



What's she doing?



Now she's over there.



Are we done yet?



Now she's blowing bubbles.



Bubbles coming the other direction.



Seriously mom, more pictures?



An after picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He'd look cute no matter what! This does make him look older. LOVE the dimples.