Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer job





For a while now I have wanted to paint the baseboards and trim. Last week I bought paint and started in the living room. It's going to be a lot of work getting this all done. Ideally, I would like to do the entire house. I know, it's a little ambitious. The hardest part is keeping the cats out of the way. You would think that since they are already sleeping, closing the door to the room they are in wouldn't be a big deal. Unfortunately they cry like they are being tortured!

Yesterday Matt cleaned out the fish tank so we could pull it away from the wall so I could paint behind it. The fish tank looks great!

In other news, today was my first dentist appointment in 3 years. Yup, I haven't gone since before the wedding, which is silly really, because I think I have been paying for dental insurance the entire time. Since I went to a new dentist they just took x-rays and checked everything. The dentist said everything looks really good, but he wants to fix a filling that has chipped. I will do that and get my teeth cleaned the day before we leave for Boston. Not great timing, but it was the first appointment available for a cleaning, and I start working the day after we get back from our trip. :(

5 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

#1. Why didn't you get a cleaning when you went to the dentist's office thei first time?? That's weird.
#2. Don't talk about going back to work!! It's only June! You're not allowed to think about that stuff yet!

Anonymous said...

when are you going to Boston? is this your summer vacation?
-jonathan

Kelli said...

Looks like a big job Val, but you can handle it. =) Your baseboards are going to look so shiny and crisp when you're done. Will you come paint mine next?

Anonymous said...

It's a lot of work but you'll feel like you really accomplished something on summer vacation. I like the blue trim.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Hey, when you get done with your trim and baseboards you can head over to Mobile and do ours, too! That's just one of several things left on our to-do list!