Thursday, June 26, 2008

By this time tomorrow...

I will have my first nephew!! My brother called this evening saying he was going to take Chat to the hospital because her contractions were 5 minutes apart. Chat's mother's intuition was in full gear because she had Jonathan take her to the doctor today because she felt like the time was coming. It sure was!! I booked a flight up to see them next week. Poor Matt will have to make it on his own for a while. Actually, he's kind of used to me leaving him during the summer. One of the joys of teaching!! Really, the timing couldn't be better for me because if the baby came on or closer to his due date, I wouldn't have been able to go meet him because it was so close to our vacation and the end of summer. And I just realize that now I get to see my friend Christina! She was my roommate in Missouri during Summer Project and I only get to see her when I go see my brother. Last summer when I went to visit she was going to the hospital to have her baby. He's a cutie and I'm looking forward to seeing them (and maybe even her husband) again!

No comments: