Thursday, October 31, 2013

Robbie's 3 year check up

Even though I've been telling Robbie for a few days that he was going to see the doctor this morning, he still acted like it was new news to him.  Unfortunately it seems like the only thing he remembers from going to the doctor is the shots.  He kept saying "I don't want to go to the doctor!  It hurts me!"  As soon as he saw the building he started crying (even harder than he was).  Matt came in after us (we drove separately so he could go to work afterward) and said he could hear Robbie crying downstairs (the office is on the 3rd floor) and the doctor said he heard Robbie and wondered if that was his patient (sorry, doc!).  I wasn't expecting it to be a great visit, but Robbie did great with the nurse taking his weight, blood pressure, temperature and height and the doctor made some silly noises as he was checking Robbie's hips and ankles as well as his reflexes.  Robbie gave the doctor a hi-five at the end and told him what he and Alex were going to be for Halloween.  Luckily for Robbie he didn't get any shots this time, just the flu mist.  Alex did get his flu shot this morning, though.  I brought lollipops for them and that kept the tears to a minimum!

Robbie grew 3 inches (I thought it might be more) and 1 1/2 lbs since last year (that's according to their records since I don't think the nurse was right about his weight last year) and is now in the 90th percentile for height (the height of an average 4 year old!) and 75th percentile for weight (down from the 90th!).  Cousin Brian is also tall for his age and Lisa told me that Robbie is as tall as Brian was at 3.  I knew we had tall genes to pass on!

We went from the doctor's office to Mother's Morning Out.  The class had a fall party, though there have been a lot of kids out lately and only 4 were in his class this week.  We were asked to bring in grapes (cut in half) for the class and I cut enough just in case all of the kids decided to show up today.  They didn't.  Luckily the director, Karyn, told me that they shared the grapes with other classes hoping I wouldn't mind.  I was quite happy to not come home with a bowl full of grapes!  I asked Robbie about his party and he said "Miss Karyn came to our party.  It was a lot of fun!  We shared our cupcakes with her!"  I'm sure the mom who brought in the cupcakes was more than happy to share them, too.


No comments: