Saturday, October 12, 2013

Connor's A-maiz-ing Acres

We took the boys to Connor's A-maiz-ing Acres today.  I wanted to go last year but I missed out on the Groupon.  I'm sure the boys had more fun this year anyway.  There was a lot of stuff to do for the kids including a tractor ride to the corn maze which stopped to let you feed the cows, a "cow" train, corn pools, a big swing set, slides and dirt pile to climb, not to mention the animals!  I figure I'll do a picture blog so you can see all (ok, hardly any of!) the pictures we took.

We started the day with pumpkin donuts from Krispy Kreme.


We didn't get a great picture of the two of them, but they really didn't want to stop eating to take a picture.


Welcome to the farm!



Our tractor.


Robbie wasn't too sure about the cows at first, but he was sad to leave them and wanted to feed them again.  Unfortunately the line was very long any time I looked to go again.



Can you tell how slobbery Alex's left hand is?  Thanks, cow!




Look at all those flies!  The cows didn't seem bothered, though.


Robbie is a cow and half a pig tall!  (He's too busy looking at the board to smile for the camera.)


Alex didn't even want to stand next to the board!


With their friend Xavier.


We got American  History and Scripture trivia and did pretty good at both.  Somehow we started at the end #10 and worked our way to the beginning.  There were two ways to go through the maze, #1-5 and #6-10.  Answering the trivia questions correctly told you whether to turn left or right.




Robbie loves being the leader!


Corn on the stalk.


Apparently someone got lost and hungry.




All of the kids took turns on shoulders.  I even gave Alex a ride.


There were a ton of butterflies!


Yes!  We found #7!


The cow train.


There was a height check to go down the slide and you were also supposed to be 4 years old.  Robbie met the height requirement, we just didn't tell anyone how old he is!  Then another mother got mad because the attendant told the father that their son was too young to do the slide and the mom said that her kids wasn't much younger than Robbie.  Luckily no one asked me how old he was because I would have hated to lie just so Robbie could do the slide (which he had already done and LOVED).  And the other kid wasn't tall enough, anyway, so who cares how old he is?  (Answer: not me.)  It might have also helped that Alex tried to climb the stairs and the attendant did ask how old he was and I said not old enough to do it, so I'm guessing he thought that I read and planned to follow the rules.  Oops! :)

And, obviously, I did not use the right setting on the camera!  But you can still tell how much fun Robbie had.


Into the corn pools!  (Finally!  It took a while to get Robbie off the swing set, but it was sweet because he kept saying "But I'm playing with my friends!"  He had never met the kids before and Xavier had left.)




Again, not a single good picture of the two of them!



I don't know how far Robbie thought he had to stick his head through!


Playing corn hole.  (I think that's the name of the game.)  We just stuck to one side, though Matthew did get a hole-in-one.



I just love how Alex says "Yay!" after getting the beanbag in the hole.  Robbie was saying it, too, but not as excitedly as Alex.



Alex loved the ducks and the chickens.  I would try to get him to go see other animals and he would grab my hand and pull me back.



Quack!



Robbie petting the horse.


Cheese!


An aerial view of the corn maze.


Bye farm!


We let the boys pick out mini pumpkins, but I forgot to take a picture of them.  It was the last thing we did and I think the boys were ready to leave after that, though it was hard to get Alex away from the chickens. :)

And bonus pictures from Amber!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I see the slobber on Alex's hand - gross. Loved the slide story and I can tell how much fun Robbie was having. It's hard to imagine keeping that maize cut all the time.