Friday, October 11, 2013

Baby W #3

At the end of July I started questioning whether or not I could be pregnant.  I talked to Matt about it, and, while we both had our doubts, Matt still went out to get a pregnancy test.  With traditional pregnancy tests you get a + if you are pregnant and a - if you aren't.  The first one I took only had 1 line, but it wasn't the horizontal one, but the vertical one.  So I sent Matt back out to get a digital test.  After looking at the first one again we started thinking more that it was a positive test, but I decided to take another one anyway.  I didn't know that the digital tests came with a traditional test and, of course, I open the wrong one.  That came back with the same result and we were pretty sure now that it was positive.  I figured I sent Matt to get the digital test, so I should go ahead and take that one, too, just to be absolutely positive, and that one had the word "pregnant" show up.  Who knew I would need 3 tests?  (Ok, I probably didn't need all 3, but when you're excited about a baby on the way it wasn't too hard to take another test!)

I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound.  Naturally I think this is the cutest baby ever!  I did have the doctor confirm that there is just one baby.  As much as I once wanted twins, I now question how my mom ever did it with twins being babies #3 and #4!

Really, isn't this the cutest little baby ever??


You can hear me ask the doctor to check for more babies. :)


The second best part of finding out that you are pregnant is getting to tell others about the baby.  Matthew's mom had a dream and asked Matt if I was pregnant.  We told Matt's dad on Skype on Grandparents Day.  My parents came in town at the end of September for a 5k that my church was hosting.  I bought shirts for Robbie and Alex that said "I'm the biggest brother" (Robbie's) and "I'm the big brother" (Alex).  I saw my mom read Robbie's shirt and I just waited for her to say something.  She didn't.  Then a little bit later she read Alex's shirt, processed it and then it finally sank in.  If you know my mom then you know news like that would instantly bring her to tears.  It did.  When my dad saw my mom he knew something was up.

The shirts


We find out soon what we are having.  I am trying hard to not think about what gender this baby is and just find out at our next ultrasound.  Since the grandparents are coming up for Robbie's birthday, we'll tell everyone then. :)

No comments: