Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It's a ...



We decided to do a gender reveal with the grandparents since they were all coming up for Robbie's birthday.  It was fun being able to tell them all at the same time and we're excited that we are having a girl!  I'm so glad I took a video of their reactions.

Her name is Catherine Rose.  Apparently Matthew and I have two different versions of how we came up with her name, but I like my version better so that's the one we are going with.  I really like the name Catie and had a sweet former student who I would love our Catie to be like.  (It's so hard being a teacher as some kids ruin names!)  We also live on a Rose street and it just went well as a middle name.  Shortly after I got pregnant with Robbie, Matthew and I took a trip to Washington, DC.  We were walking around Arlington National Cemetery after saying that we liked Catherine Rose (we talked a lot about possible kid names during those many hours in the car!) and saw this:


and knew the name was a keeper!  Of course, we were thinking that it could be a sign (literally!) that Robbie was a girl, but we are happy how our little family turned out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your family has turned out to be just perfect!
Signed, The Very Excited Grandma