Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Painting with a Twist

My Mom to Mom group was saying that we need to do more girls' night outs.  I just recently saw friends post on Facebook that they did Painting with a Twist and I had been wanting to do it, too, so I suggested we do that for a night out.  Luckily the (almost) all agreed.  It was surprisingly easy to pick a night (with 9 moms, that can be hard!) and I called the studio to see if they would open up for us, they picked a painting and added it to their calendar.  I have seen a lot of pictures they have posted on Facebook of other groups' pictures and they all turned out well, so I was confident that even I could paint a decent picture.

The night was a lot of fun with a great and patient instructor who reminded us to relax and take breaks.  I would say my only complaint was not having enough time because I (and a couple others there) felt a little rushed at the end.  I do understand that the workers didn't want to be there all night!  I still love how it turned out, though.  I plan to hang it in our room, but, for now, it's proudly on display on our mantle.  :)

Pictures from our fun night!  Don't be jealous, there are studios all over the US so you could do it, too! :)

Prepainting prop fun.  I obviously wasn't ready!


Our instructor, Geri.


The finished picture we had to look at.


Meg and Amber having fun!


My finished painting on the mantle.


No comments: