Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation!

Last weekend Robbie and I flew down to visit family. I was really nervous about how Robbie would do on the flight, but he did great! Matt was able to get a chaperone pass so he could go all the way to the gate with us. My dad got one as well and met us when we landed. We flew Southwest, so we didn't have assigned seats. We were in the 3rd row by the window with no one sitting next to us. It was nice to have 2 seats (not that we needed them), and the lady sitting on the aisle was nice. Robbie liked playing with the tray. As soon as the plane pulled away from the gate, Robbie leaned back and got comfortable and then fell asleep. He slept the whole flight.

Pictures from his first flight:



Sunday evening we were invited to my friend's parent's birthday party. We have been friends with Jana since 3rd grade when we transferred schools. I love that we have kept in touch. Jana's sister, Julee, and her husband did a cute video to get the party started. They had Sonny's for dinner and Robbie had his first bite of meat, turkey! I think he liked it. We're going to start giving Robbie meat soon.

Party pictures!



My sister and her kids were also staying with my parents. I love getting together with family. I have cute nieces and nephews and they are so good with Robbie. Brian took time out from the fun to read Grandma a book:



Apparently I wasn't supposed to see this, but I caught Mom and Dad red handed:



Since Lisa has already blogged about our week, head over here to read more about it and see more pictures. I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do because Lisa usually had her camera ready. The week that we were at my parent's house, Robbie got a lot better at feeding himself and crawling. He is also taking more steps when you hold his hands. I miss the old Robbie that would stay in one room. Life is getting a lot busier with him moving around!

Matt drove down Friday and made it in time for dinner. Saturday we headed over to Matt's mom's house for a visit. That night we went to his aunt and uncle's house to celebrate Barbara's birthday. They have a little dog, Bailey, that loved to lick Robbie. I don't know how much Robbie liked it, though!!



Sunday we headed over to Matt's dad's house for a visit before heading home. After lunch we Skyped with Matt's brother and talked to his niece. We also got to see their new baby boy. Unfortunately, Jean got a phone call that their dog had passed away. They had taken Maggie to the vet the day before. Maggie was a sweet dog and will be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVED having you here with us last week! You're right - Robbie is a lot more mobile than last time we saw him. Thank goodness for pocket doors that close off part of the house.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I'm sad about Maggie. You forgot to mention how excited Brian was to see Robbie. "Robbie! Robbie!"