Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Nursery

Yesterday Robbie turned 6 weeks old. Matt and I have talked about Robbie starting to sleep in his crib for a couple of weeks, and we decided to finally do it last night. I have been letting Robbie nap in his crib for a while, but it seemed like such a big step letting him sleep all night in his crib. It went very well, though he did get up earlier than usual this morning. Maybe he slept so well he was just ready to get up? Juliet and Simba were thrilled that Robbie is now sleeping in his own room so they can rejoin us in our room at night. We also slept without a light on. We have been keeping Matt's closet light on so I could see in the middle of the night getting up with Robbie.

Since Robbie is now sleeping in the nursery, I decided it's time to post pictures of the nursery.

Putting together the crib and changing table. (I'm so glad we got the changing table!)



The tree and decals:



The finished product:



Many people know that I have cross stitched a picture for each of my nieces and nephews. Matt's mom made one for Robbie. I got to see it partially finished at the baby shower she threw me. When she came up with Mimi and Gramps she brought the final product. We haven't hung it up yet, but I think it will go above the crib or by the door.

2 comments:

Loving Mommyhood said...

I LOVE Robbie's room. Great job. I like that tree sticker thing on the wall - that is really cool. It is also really funny to see another Robert Jackson. Another great job on the cross-stitching.

Kelli said...

Cuteness! Great job guys. Glad you're taking steps to get your bed back. :) Ferberizing works, doesn't last forever (only 3-4 nights with each of our children) and it really pays off. I know people who have children older than 18 months and still get up throughout the night multiple times to soothe them back to sleep. Ug. Your marriage will thank you. :)