Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Our Christmas started last weekend when my parents were in town. It continued Thursday when Matt's dad, stepmom and sister came up for a visit. We opened gifts before dinner. They gave Robbie some very cute toys that he'll be able to play with as he gets older. We also got the new Rock Band and the keyboard. We're really ready to rock now! After dinner we stopped by a house that has lights matched to music (a different one that I went to with my dad) and then we came home for a jam session.

Thursday night was the first time Robbie slept through the night. For babies, that means sleeping for 5 hours. It was wonderful! We put him to bed at 10:30, I heard him a little at 2 and then he was awake at 3:30. After getting up to feed him, he was still kind of awake, but I told him that it's still sleeping time. I heard him for about 30 minutes and then he was back asleep. Unfortunately I was so excited about it I had a hard time falling asleep!! :)

Friday morning we did a video chat with Matt's brother, sister-in-law and niece. For some reason we couldn't get sound through the computer, so we just talked with the phone on speaker. Later we all went out to brunch. Afterward we went to Costco. When we went last weekend with my parents, Costco was giving samples of their ham. It was really good, so we decided to pick one up for our Christmas dinner. Jim and Jean got one as well. They were going to try to stop at a Honey Baked Ham store, but our waitress said that she stood in line for an hour and a half the day before and I don't think that's how they wanted to spend their Christmas Eve! We came back to the house for a little while longer before they headed home. We had a good visit with them and Robbie liked meeting Aunt Brittany!



We made it to Christmas Eve service at church last night. I must be getting old, but I thought the music was kind of loud. Maybe I was just worried about Robbie. He did get a little fussy, but luckily it was when we were singing, not during the sermon. I think he was just tired of being in his car seat. We left a little early. Robbie was still fussing and I didn't mind leaving and beating the crowd.

We didn't get up too early this morning, but we've already opened our presents. We'll get lunch going in a little while and just relax the rest of the day. Matt's mom is coming up tomorrow, so Christmas will last a little longer for us this year! :)



Dancing in his bouncy seat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special present you got this year!! Jim, Jean and Brittany look great. I know they enjoyed their time with you.

Loving Mommyhood said...

Look at those chubby cheeks! I love it. Merry Christmas to you guys. I am sure Robbie's and y'all's was wonderful this year.