Friday, December 31, 2010

Opening presents with Nana

Robbie has really started talking a lot the past couple of weeks. It's really cute, unless he's saying "leave me alone I'm tired!" because that is usually followed with crying. I thought I was taking a video when we were opening Christmas gifts with Matt's mom, but, of course, I wasn't. I figured it out and took a short video, but it would have been cuter if I did it right the first time!



We had a busy day yesterday. First Robbie helped me fold laundry. It was exhausting, so he fell asleep. Then I finally got around to cleaning our oven door. I have no idea how it got so dirty! I'd like to think it was partly due to the people who lived here before us. One reason I had been putting it off was because I wasn't supposed to use oven cleaner when I was pregnant because of the fumes. Then I didn't want to use oven cleaner with Robbie around. I decided to just use baking soda, which really works. I have used it on the stove top and it helps absorb the grease. I'm sure I had to use more elbow grease with the baking soda, but there were no fumes and if there was a little left behind I wasn't going to worry about it. (I tried not to leave any behind, mind you!) That was obviously another exhausting task because Robbie fell asleep while helping me clean the oven! But now he knows what elbow grease is! :) I'll have to clean the inside of the oven another day.




Look at him pondering the many uses of elbow grease while he is sleeping! :)

No comments: