Saturday, May 5, 2012

Busy!

We have been talking about turning Robbie's car seat around. We finally did it last weekend and Robbie loves it! He still gets excited when he gets in his car seat. He likes that he can see us now and he can see Alex, too. I try to point out things that he could see, though I don't know how fast his eyes can look. He likes pointing out trees, though.

Best picture with him looking at the camera



Best picture of his smile (though he's not looking at the camera)



For some reason Robbie started drooling. He's only done it a couple of times, but the first time I saw a big wet spot on his sheet I immediately figured his diaper leaked. I didn't find any wet spots on his clothes, so I'm guessing it's drool!




We went to Kan Ki, a Japanese steak house last Saturday. I didn't want to sit at a grill table because I was afraid that Robbie wouldn't like it or they would take too long getting us our food. There weren't very many people there and the parties that did come in after us would have been too big to sit at our table (if we sat at a grill table), so we really could have done it. Oh well, maybe next time. They have a pond outside with the big koi fish. After dinner we took Robbie out to see the fish. I tried to get him to make a fish face by squeezing his cheeks together and then he started squeezing his own cheeks. I tried to get a picture of it, but as soon as he saw the camera that was all he wanted. This picture was as good as I could get. (I was holding him, which is why it's so close.)



Matthew has been great this past week getting up early in the morning so he can get ready earlier so he can get Robbie up and I can sleep in. It has been great for me to get an extra hour or so of rest. (I don't always fall back asleep, but it's still nice to stay in bed.) For some reason, though, Matthew didn't put up a fight when I offered to get up with the boys this morning. Oh well. The couple extra hours he got to sleep in today don't make up for all of the extra sleep I got during the week.

When Matt finally got up this morning we hit the stores. We needed a few things at Target, looked at new couches at Ashley Furniture (it's right next to Target) and made a trip to Costco. When we were heading out it was already close to Robbie's nap time, but he was great the whole time. They were handing out lots of different samples at Costco, so I told Matt that we need to fill Robbie up because I knew he would fall asleep in the car. I was worried that he would wake up early from his nap because he was hungry and wouldn't get as good of a nap as he needed. Robbie had lots of chicken (organic, too!), a couple different types of sausage, and some yogurt. I know the people who are handing out the samples don't care how many times you go back, so we loaded up. Robbie did fall asleep in the car, just like we knew he would!

I'm not reading...



I'm sleeping!



Alex has been sleeping like a trooper lately! He's been going at least 8 hours and has gone 9 hours twice! Robbie was never this good of a sleeper this early. I know Lisa says I'll jinx it by telling everyone how good of a sleeper Alex is, but he's doing too good not to brag about it. I feel like I have to go back to all of the moms I secretly cursed under my breath when they told me their kids slept 8 hours at night at 2 months old now that I have a 2 month old that sleeps 8 hours at night. :)

I'm listening to Alex talk now. He's in his swing, hanging out with Matthew. I love hearing both of my boys talking. This past week Robbie has started saying "up" and "yes". It's obvious that he still doesn't know how to use "yes" and "no" properly, but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it.

Here's a video Matthew took of Alex talking in his swing another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT that Matt got up early this week so you could stay in bed a while longer!!! What a good husband. The pictures and video are so good of the boys. I can't believe how different Robbie looks since Alex was born. And Alex smiles a lot. YAY for sleeping so long at a time. Cute kids. Wonderful parents. All 8 of you kids are wonderful parents!!!