Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Break Visitors

Last week was my niece, Kayleigh's, spring break. Looking for something to do, my sister brought her and Brian for a visit. It's the first time they have been able to come since Alex was born. I know Kayleigh was worried that Alex would be too big to want to be held. She loves babies! Brian even wanted to hold Alex, though neither of them wanted to do it for very long.

We decided to meet at the zoo. With my new zoo pass I could get Lisa in free, so the only person we had to pay for was Kayleigh. We also bought tickets to ride the train. We were at the zoo for a couple of hours and rode the train twice. When we came home and talked about what we saw we realized we didn't see too many animals! But it was a hot day and the kids were ready to leave and we weren't going to torture them just so we could see more animals!

Neither of us took many pictures, but here's a picture of Robbie checking out the deer that was hanging out right by the fence.



That night happened to be one of the evenings that someone from church was bringing us Sonny's BBQ for dinner, so we ate outside. The kids sat at their picnic table and the adults sat at the patio table. The kids did pretty well sitting and eating. I was worried they would be up and not eating. It must have been the good food keeping them still!

Friday morning went quickly and then we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch. Everything was going just fine until the cow came out. Both Brian and Robbie were scared of the cow and cried whenever they saw him. It was no fun! One of the workers told the cow not to come back to our corner which was nice of him. Eventually the cow left and we played in the play area for a while. No time would be long enough and the kids weren't ready to go when it was time. It was a short, but fun visit.

We didn't tell the kids that our mom was coming up that evening. They would never leave if they knew! Mom got here a little before dinner. Saturday she kicked us out of our own house so she could clean the carpets. We had some errands to run, anyway, so we hit a few stores and came home just as she was finishing up. The rest of mom's visit when so fast! But it was nice having her here cooking, cleaning and getting up with Robbie in the morning. I'm sure Robbie was surprised to see me get him up this morning.

We did get a couple of cute videos and pictures when mom was here. This first video is Robbie taking one of Alex's diapers to the garbage can in his room. The first time he did it I couldn't believe it! He knew right where to go. What a good helper we have!



Robbie doesn't always like to sit in his chair at meals any more. I let him sit in my chair while I got everything ready for dinner. I came back to see he already started eating my food! We're letting him use a fork and spoon more but he still needs a lot of practice.



Sweet, sleeping Alex



Robbie giving a kiss



Robbie getting a kiss



Keeping Robbie's finger out of Alex's mouth



Alex on his play mat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I love being there with you all. The time goes so fast and nothing seems like work. Robbie and Alex are SO sweet!!!!

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog!! And, I wasn't just looking for something for the kids to do--we wanted to visit and FINALLY meet Alex!! So fun!

Kelli said...

Can Robbie come to our house if I train him and teach him where our diapers go? :)

Your boys are super cute!!