Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Firsts for Alex

Alex's first first today was a trip to the zoo! Matthew and I have talked about getting a zoo membership and decided to go ahead and do it today while he is still off work. Actually, I was the one that got the membership because I can get one adult in free. We figured when Matthew is working I can bring one of my friends along (though many already have a zoo membership) and kids under 3 get in free. Anyway, I'm sure Alex wasn't too impressed because he slept most of the time. Robbie really enjoyed it, though. He was mostly interested in the birds (maybe he'll be a pilot!!). We skipped animals that weren't moving or too far away. We definitely wore Robbie out. He fell asleep on the way out of the zoo, slept all of the way home (30+ minutes) and slept for about 90 minutes at home. He is going to just one nap, so hopefully he'll keep taking good naps in the afternoons.

Ready to roll! (Hat courtesy of Jim and Jean from our trip to Lowry Park Zoo last year. Double stroller courtesy of Jonathan and Chat.)



Pointing to the ostrich.



Looking at the birds.



I know there's a zebra at the top of the picture, but it's actually the vulture exhibit.



When I first caught a glimpse of the bloody zebra I was shocked! I realized it was fake before Matthew pointed out the sign. Obviously I'm not the only one surprised by the zebra!



Petting the "alligator".



Pretty much how Alex spent the entire trip!



Pointing to the fish.



Check out their crazy eyelashes!



Deciding which goat to brush.



That's one way to claim the food for yourself!




Robbie with the goats.



I just love Robbie's face in this video!



He was literally head bobbing asleep!



Matthew decided Robbie would be more comfortable being carried.



Still asleep in the car.



Alex's other first was his first bath (in his bath tub)! He did so much better his first time in the bath tub than Robbie did.

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

So sweet! I know the zoo is fun. That zebra must be new. I don't remember it from when we went.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!!! Great pictures and videos.