Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two week check up

We had a busy afternoon yesterday. Matt had to take a half day so he could take me and Robbie to our two week appointments. Robbie's was first and the doctor said he looks perfect. Of course we think he is, but it's nice to hear it from a professional. :) She also said that he looks like Matt. That just proves how weak Villacampa genes are - all of my nieces and nephews look more like the in-law rather than the Villacampa parent. Robbie weighs 7 lbs 4.5 oz and is 20.5 inches long. Both Matt and I can tell that he's getting bigger. The doctor told us last week that they want him back up to his birth weight by the 2 week appointment, which we weren't worried about, I'm just sad that he's getting bigger. I want to keep him my baby as long as possible!

We went from Robbie's appointment to my appointment. They checked my iron level, which is good, and then my incision, which also looks good. I still haven't looked at my incision. I'm waiting until it's not sore any more. I did ask the doctor how many staples he used and he said between 15-20 is the average, but they didn't write it down. A lot of people have heard this story, but I had specifically made my 36 week appointment with the doctor that delivered Robbie because I hadn't met him yet. The appointment was scheduled for Friday, October 22nd, and I went into labor Monday the 18th. I was just trying to meet all of the doctors in the practice because the one that delivers the baby is the one that is on call that day. Now that I have met him a few times he's really nice and I like him a lot, I was just hoping for a face to face meeting before going into labor. (I'm still thinking about doing a post of all of the things that were supposed to happen before Robbie was born but didn't.)

Over the weekend Matt and I got Robbie's footprint and handprint for frames that we bought. It was easy getting his footprint, but his handprint was a different story. Mom had been taking pictures while Matt and I were working on getting Robbie's handprint and Matt made mom switch places with him. The end results look good and I'm glad we did it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing his feet aren't any longer or they wouldn't have fit in the frame. :) Such a neat keepsake.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

How could the handprint have been hard?? It looks like he's just lying there letting you do whatever you want! :)