Monday, November 29, 2010

Meeting Mimi and Gramps

We had a very low key Thanksgiving this year. Instead of driving down south and having 3 Thanksgiving meals with our families we stayed home with Robbie. Matt was in charge of the turkey and I took care of the mashed potatoes. I think we both did great! We also had cranberry sauce (straight from the can), peas and rolls and sparkling grape juice. It was a pretty big meal for us!

Friday morning Matt's mom and grandparents drove up for a visit. It was Mimi and Gramps's first time meeting Robbie. Mimi kept saying how cute Robbie is and everyone said that Robbie looks like Matt. I don't think Robbie looks like adult Matt, but they did bring a picture of baby Matt and Robbie sure does look like him! Friday night I fed Robbie and then Matt and I headed out for a night on the town while Barbara, Mimi and Gramps babysat Robbie. We went to Kan Ki, my favorite Japanese steakhouse. Apparently very few people want Japanese the day after Thanksgiving, so we were seated and eating quickly. We went to Target to walk around a bit and then went to Cold Stone for dessert. When we got back they were just giving Robbie his bottle, so I imagine he did well.

Saturday Matt, Barbara and Gramps hung lights on the house and put up the outside decorations. The Christmas tree was also put up, but we haven't decorated it yet. We'll probably do it tonight. We took advantage of the 3 visitors and again left Robbie while Matt and I got lunch and went shopping. Robbie needed more pj's and sleep sacks, so we were thinking about him while we were out. We still had a Babies R Us gift card and I had a 10% off coupon for Target, so even though we didn't go shopping on Black Friday (yes, we went to Target, but not with the intent to buy anything Friday), we still got some good deals!

I made dinner Saturday night and our guests left a little while later. Barbara was hoping there wouldn't be much traffic if they left later in the evening. It was a nice visit and we look forward to seeing even more family after Christmas!

Here are some pictures from the weekend:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know Mimi and Gramps loved getting to see him with only Barbara to share him with. I also think he looks like Matt.