Friday, November 19, 2010

1 month old

It's hard to believe that Robbie is one month old today. The month sure has gone by quick! I weighed Robbie this morning and he is 11.4 lbs! I can tell he's growing, but I didn't think that much! He still fits into newborn onesies, we haven't had to go up to the next size. We did start using size 1 diapers because we didn't want to keep buying newborn diapers. Last week we started giving Robbie a pacifier to help him sleep. He was very gassy at the time and the pacifier helped calm him. He doesn't always want it and we don't try to force it on him, but it is nice to have something to soothe him at night. Robbie's smiled big a couple of times, but he doesn't like the red eye flash and I'm not quick enough with the camera to catch it. I would also like to video him sneezing because I think it's cute. He will sneeze a bunch of times, just like his mommy! A few nights ago he started only waking up twice, which is really nice. I would like to time it better so Matt has the opportunity to change Robbie's diaper before he goes to work, but Robbie's usually up too early or too late and I have to do it. Robbie and I have started going out on walks in the afternoon. It's nice to be able to get out of the house for a little bit. He pretty much sleeps the whole time. Unfortunately, our sidewalks and streets aren't very smooth, so that wakes him up. I do my best to avoid what I can. The cats are doing much better at night. If they are going to whine, it's usually right when we go to bed or when they hear Matt getting ready for work, not in the middle of the night any more. Last night was the first time I have cooked dinner in a month. After my mom left, we had meals brought to us for 2 weeks from people in our Sunday School class, so we would have that or leftovers or Matt would make something. I will say that I prefer to have someone else bring me dinner than make it myself, but it looks like we'll have to have another baby for that to happen!!

We don't go to the pediatrician again until Robbie is 2 months old. Unfortunately he'll be getting a bunch of shots. I'm not looking forward to that, but it does give me a little peace of mind knowing that he won't remember it.

Here is what everyone really wants, pictures! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is growing FAST!! I can't believe the difference in a week and a month. He's so cute.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

He does look a lot bigger and more awake!

Loving Mommyhood said...

Lisa told me 11 lbs. at 1 month! That is crazy! He is still so sweet looking.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

He is soooo cute! It's crazy how fast they grow. I'm glad y'all are doing well and that he's sleeping good.