Thursday, May 27, 2010

Unemployment

Today is my first day of unemployment. Yesterday went really well. We didn't have much to do for post planning yesterday, and what we were supposed to do kept getting pushed back because there was a delay printing report cards. They eventually decided that report card printing was going to be postponed until later. I'm sure there is some office staff that is going to be doing it later this week or next week. I was sad when I turned off the lights in my classroom and left for the last time, but I was so tired because I wanted to stay up and see who won Dancing with the Stars Tuesday night. I don't know why they couldn't announce it before 11 pm, but I think we all knew who was going to win (and it wasn't my top pick).

Luckily the day was just a half day, so the middle school teachers popped in on one of the art teacher's retirement party and then I picked up a former teacher to go to lunch with us at Bahama Breeze! We are all so excited that we have a Bahama Breeze so we don't have to go all the way to Orlando to eat there. It has been a tradition among the teachers to go to Bahama Breeze one night during the ACSI convention, but our school didn't go this year and it doesn't sound as if they are sending teachers this year. Lunch was a fun way to end the day, and I know we'll get together a couple of times during the summer. I didn't feel bad about saying good-bye because I know I'll see most of the teachers again next year even though I won't be working with them, unlike Crystal who is moving to Kansas. My motto when saying good-bye was "you'll see me again, it's not like I'm moving to Kansas!" When I finally got home I went straight to bed!

Eventually, I'm going to come up with a schedule that doesn't involve 12 hours of tv watching or computer playing, but I told Matt that I am at least taking the rest of the week off. Matt's mom is coming up tomorrow for the long weekend. Matt will need the help laying sod since I'm not much help. One of the perks of pregnancy! :)

Here's a pregnancy update. I have really felt great for the entire pregnancy. I think it's up to 3 bad days, but in 15 1/2 weeks, that's not too bad. Easy pregnancies must be genetic, because Lisa had it easy with both of hers and mom did too with all 3 of hers. Trust me, I'm not complaining! I have been getting stuffy at night, which I was blaming on allergies until I read that pregnancy can make your nasal passages swell and increase mucus production. These are not the things that new moms talk about!! I can't say for sure that I have felt the baby move. I think it has been more of wishful thinking than anything else. I have read that mom's feel the baby starting at 16 weeks (next week for me), but it can be earlier if you know what it feels like from previous pregnancies. I am not in maternity clothes, but the jeans I bought that fit perfectly pre-pregnancy are almost too tight to wear any more, other pants are starting to feel tight and even t-shirts are starting to pull around the middle. Matt said last night that he thinks I'm starting to show. I told him I feel like I'm in that transition stage, like when you are growing out a hair style and you're in that weird in between stage. I also said that it's a good thing everyone knows I'm pregnant or they may just think I've let myself go now that I'm not going to be working any more!! We find out June 7th if we are having a boy or a girl. I keep telling the baby that he/she better cooperate because we really want to know!! I am still thinking that we're having a boy and Matt thinks we're having a girl, but neither of us are too concerned what the gender will be. We're just hoping for a healthy baby. (I know that sounds so PC, but it's true nonetheless!) We don't have any names picked out, so I'm hoping that finding out the gender will help in the naming process.