Friday, May 21, 2010

Last day of school!

Of course I have been looking forward to the last day of school, but I have also been denying that it is coming. I have had a great year and a great group of students. I will miss them next year. I'm also going to miss the teachers that I work with.

My day didn't start too well, though. As soon as I was ready to get out of my car, I dumped a glass of ice water in my lap. Good thing I wore a white skirt! I called one of the teachers that lives nearby and asked her to bring a blow dryer. It felt so good because I was cold! I did great the first half of the morning. I started tearing up when one of the mom's brought me a diaper cake, but I did well through the 8th grade completion ceremony and handing out my awards. We came back to my room for the party and the mom's had put together a diaper bag and filled it with gifts and gift cards. That's when I had to pull out the tissues! It was so sweet! I have to say that my favorite card was the one the kid wrote "I enjoyed getting in trouble in your class because you made it so fun." It's probably because I would throw markers or erasers to get their attention.

I don't usually do this, but I took a picture of all of my wonderful gifts. I also included the 2 gifts that I got earlier this week.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

It's bitter-sweet to trasition into Mommy-hood. Your sister and I can both relate. :) Teaching is sometimes easier than staying at home. You're constantly getting 'thank you's and reaffirmation that you're changing lives. A baby can't say that yet and it can be difficult staying at home the first year. It's very rewarding though. Surround yourself with lots of other mommys and keep busy with trips to the library, park, etc. You will be blessed.

I do like you pile of loot though! How sweet that the parents took that time to thank you for teaching their children. So kind!

Anonymous said...

Almost makes you want to go back next year, right? NO!!!! It's nice to be going out on a high note instead of some teachers/parents wishing you'd leave and you don't! (Like some teachers we have here.)
I love the diaper bag.