Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The FURminator

I don't know if the rest of you pet owners are suffering with the spring time shedding that is going on, but it is certainly been annoying here, especially with Simba sleeping in the bed and leaving his furball mark wherever he lies. Anyway, one of my teacher friends was talking about this same problem with her dog, but said that she bought a FURminator. It's a pet hairbrush that "removes the bottom coat without damaging the top coat." Usually a bath takes care of the fur, but not this time. I was getting desperate because my allergies were acting up, so I went on eBay and bought a FURminator. (It was $13.50 and worth it!) I love it! Simba has always loved being brushed, but we are getting huge hairballs off of him. It's a bit on the ridiculous side, but it explains why every time I pet him I'd get a handfull of hair. Juliet is not as big a fan of getting brushed, but if you knew Juliet, you would know that you can only do things on her time table.

Here's a picture of the FURminator:


This isn't a picture of my cat, because I haven't been keeping the hairballs, but this is seriously close to the amount of hair we've been getting off Simba. He even looks skinnier!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a LOT of fur in that picture - from just that cat?? Hope you get relief from your allergies. Or you might have to get rid of...oh, never mind.