Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Eikelands' Visit

Matt and I were lucky enough to have the Eikelands over for the weekend. Lisa had the great idea of taking the kids to the zoo so they could see some of the bigger animals than they have at the Junior Museum. Of course, Brian was really just along for the ride. We let Kayleigh make some of the decisions about where to go or what to see, though she did get overridden a few times just so we weren't back tracking. The zoo also had a playground and a small water park. While Kayleigh was splashing around, Matt and I took Brian into the restaurant next door to cool off. Highlights for me were petting the sting ray and feeding the giraffe. There was one giraffe that kept eating all the food, and I tried to feed the other one, but the greedy giraffe took it from me! After the zoo we drove to get shaved ice. It's so good! Plus it was a great way to cool off after being outside all afternoon. We came home to the plan of making fettuccine alfredo, but ended up sending the boys to get Zaxby's. It's a good thing we went to plan B, because I tried to make the alfredo sauce Sunday night, but it never thickened. Matt was a good enough sport to run to Publix to buy a jar of alfredo sauce, so it wasn't a total waste! Sunday we had breakfast at the house. Kayleigh found her special seat, which was great, because she is a messy eater!! They left a little after 10 so we could go to church for baby dedication Sunday. We had at least 5 friends up front with their babies. I took a nice nap Sunday afternoon. I love my Sunday siestas!

Here are some pictures from the weekend:



A cute video of Brian and Kayleigh:

No comments: