Saturday, April 3, 2010

Keeping Busy

In the last post I forgot to mention my school's auction. Normally it isn't a big deal, but this time we decided to bid on one of the class "baskets", which isn't a basket at all. In all, the basket came with a bookcase, 2 lamps, a beanbag chair, a Snuggie and 64 books!! Trust me when I say we got it for a steal, but the money goes to a good cause...my school!

Last weekend Matt and I volunteered at our church's Big Bunny Party. I was a greeter and handed out bags and stickers. Matt helped with parking and dodged cars that tried to hit him. It was a fun, but tiring day. Later that day my friends and I went to Doing Dishes and painted pottery. I decided to do a serving plate. I painted the rim in our wedding colors (blue and silver, though they only had gray paint) and monogrammed it. I picked it up yesterday.

Mom came and stayed with us Tuesday through Thursday for her spring break. She took us to Rosy's Mexican restaurant Tuesday night. I told her if she wanted to go to Kan Ki she had to weed the flower beds. She said she didn't have to do anything since she was going to pay for dinner so I really didn't expect the beds to be weeded. I wish I had some "before" pictures so you could see how much work she did. She pulled 2 bags of weeds if that helps, and they weren't grocery bags, either.

Here are the pictures that go along with this post:

4 comments:

Loving Mommyhood said...

Your mom and is such a sweetheart.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

The plate looks awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Whaddya mean I didn't have to weed the flower beds???

Chat JV said...

Mom was weeding flower beds? hmmm....
Nice plate.