Friday, April 16, 2010

Do you see what I see?

Cats are similar to children. You know when it's too quiet, something's going on. Yesterday I was sitting on the porch talking on the phone with Lisa. Juliet was sitting on one of the tables looking out toward the grill and Simba propped his front paws on the screen and looking out too. I figured it was just a lizard, so I didn't worry about it. I didn't see anything right away, but much to my surprise, it was a new snake. I say a new snake because this one's markings are different than others that we have seen. I was very happy that we had purchased something to block little critters from crawling under the screen door. This snake didn't have the guts to come on our porch, it stayed near the house. Good call on his part because Simba and Juliet love to play with their new friends to death...literally!!

The snake through the screen:


Close up (because we have a good zoom!!):


His head is to the left hiding under weeds (near the white pipe) and you can see his tail along the house on the right:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief!!! That's a good sized snake!!! I think it could eat a cat - not play with it.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I'm glad we don't see snakes around our house!! Kayleigh and Brian would have to learn how to be inside kids while home with Mommy! You should let the cats take care of it, though...as long as it doesn't make it insde the house.