Friday, March 26, 2010

Busy, busy!

I do feel bad about not posting since our cruise a few weeks ago, but I have been staying busy here and traveling too.

The weekend after the cruise, Matt and I drove to Seaside for a mini-vacation with my family. Sunday was the 5K and half marathon that Erik, Lisa, Nick and Dad were running. Erik did the half and the others did the 5K. I love seeing my nieces together. They are so cute! They have a great time together and it's fun to watch them. The ladies got to go home with new Vera Bradley bags that the men got for completing the race. Here are a LOT of pictures from the weekend:



I had a week of work after Seaside and then I took a group of 7th graders and many of their parents to Seacamp down in Big Pine Key. They have a lot of fun and the instructors are great with the kids. The weather and water temperature, unfortunately, did not cooperate and it was pretty cold. We left early Monday morning and got back late Wednesday night, so there weren't many students at school Thursday. Here are some pictures so you can see where I was:



Last weekend we went to St. Pete. The real reason was for Jill's baby shower, but we love going to see family. Jonathan was at my parent's house Friday night and was able to let us in. We stayed up and talked to him and mom for a while and then headed off to bed. We had breakfast with Jonathan and mom Saturday morning and then headed to Mimi and Gramps' house to have lunch with them, Monet, Gary and Mark because we won't see them at Easter because we aren't going down this year. Lisa, Kayleigh and Brian showed up at mom and dad's house a little while after we got home and then Barbara, Jack and Grandma came over for dinner. It was great of mom to have so many people over because it's hard to get to talk to everyone when we are down for the holidays. This was a nice, quiet meal for us. Sunday we headed to Tampa and had brunch with Jim and Jean. I was starting to think we weren't going to see them because plans kept changing. I left from their house to go to Jill's shower and Matt, Jim and Jean went to his cousin Heather's to see her new baby girl. Jill's shower was very nice, but I would expect nothing less of the hostesses, Mrs. Brandes and Mrs. James. The family was there and I got to see Chat who just returned from her vacation in North Carolina with the kids. I really wanted to get a picture of Grandma, Barbara, Jill, Mom, Chat, Lisa and me. I thought about it when Jill was opening presents and then didn't think about it again until I was half way out of the neighborhood and most had already left.

Here are some pictures from Jill's shower:




Here are a couple of pictures of Brian and Kayleigh. Sunday morning Lisa, Kayleigh and I went to Old Navy. Kayleigh found a penny, so we went to the fountain so she could throw it in.



Here is a video of Kayleigh dancing in Old Navy:

2 comments:

Kelli said...

LOVE all the picutes! You guys are such a close-knit family and that's awesome. :)

Chat JV said...

Cute video.