Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No more car payments!

On September 25th, Matt's last payment on his truck was made. After I paid off my car we started putting more money toward his truck. Now neither of us have a car payment. We're looking into buying a new car. Just kidding! We are going to start putting more money into our ELOC so we can get that paid off. Oh, to be debt free!! That won't happen for us for a long time if you count a home mortgage as debt, but we're very happy to have a home we love.

By the way, we're out of propane, so we did not burn Matt's loan book like we did with mine a few months ago.

2 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

YAY!!! I don't think your mortgage counts towards your debt!
I almost fell out of the hospital bed when you wrote that you were looking into buying a new car! You're lucky I didn't! Don't scare me like that!!

Kelli said...

That's GREAT guys! I too agree with Lisa that your mortgage shouldn't count towards debt. If that was the case, I don't know a soul who's debt free. Anyway, congrats. Now just start putting it into your future children's fund because kids cost money. =)