Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fay

School was closed again today due to Tropical Storm Fay. I wonder if city officials were kicking themselves about closing down schools yesterday. We did get some rain, though "heavy sprinkles" is more like it. Obviously Fay is not cooperating and following the storm path the meteorologists predicted. Clay county did not close the schools yesterday and parents were complaining about that. I just know the kids will be crazy whenever we do go back to school. Seems like any change in the schedule will throw them into fits of craziness. I will say, though, that I have seen our Mayor more the past couple of days than I have since he's been elected. Of course, that could just be because I usually change the channel whenever a press conference comes on because they aren't usually talking about closing schools!

Matthew has also been able to work from home yesterday and today. His boss emailed yesterday to come in to work today if the weather today is like it was yesterday. Matt has to go over a bridge to get to work, and with the high winds expected later today, he could probably get to work just fine, but not be able to come home. It seems like half of his office went in to work and half are working from home. It's nice to have him home with me, even though he's working.

No comments: