Saturday, May 17, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

My parents came up for Mother's Day weekend.  It was also the weekend that our church did baby dedications.  Friday morning I was getting the house vacuumed.  Robbie says that the vacuum is too loud and I tell him to go in his room or on the porch.  I didn't realize that he got the Play Dough from the computer room for him and Alex to play with.  He came in and asked me to open on of the containers, but since they were out on the porch I was ok with them using it.  I love when they play well together!


My parents were getting in town around dinner time, so we met them at a restaurant for dinner.  We hadn't told the boys where we were going or who was going to be there and it was fun to surprise them.  

My parents really wanted to go to the barbecue restaurant we took them to the last time they were in town, so we went there for dinner Saturday evening.  We got there a little early because the restaurant fills up pretty quickly and the line was out the door by the time we had gone through the line.  (I sat at the table with the boys so there would be one when we needed it.)  The boys liked it and ate a lot of food.  There is a dessert area, so Matthew let the boys pick out a cupcake to share.  If any one else wanted a cupcake they would have to buy there own.  I'm sure they would attempt to eat a whole cupcake by themselves if we didn't make them split it and Robbie definitely was not letting a single crumb go to waste!

I told my mom I was feeling a little bad that the boys woke her up early on Mother's Day and then realized that they are her grandchildren and they can let her sleep in on Grandparents Day. (I love loopholes! :) )  I enjoyed sleeping in and letting someone else make breakfast.  (Ok, I really shouldn't have let my mom make breakfast on top of getting up early with my kids, but I also know how much she loves to make me breakfast!)  We didn't have to be at church until 10:15 for the service, so we didn't have to rush in the morning.  

The families that were participating in the service lined up backstage.  Robbie kept saying that he was scared and nervous about going on stage, so I really wasn't sure how he was going to act.  He did pretty good, just tried to walk off the stage and then sat down when we wouldn't let him.  The pastor always says nice things to the parents and the parents commit to raising their children in a Godly household.  It's a short ceremony, but it's nice to do.  Afterward we took the boys to their Sunday school classrooms and we joined my parents in service.  Well, I joined them.  Matthew had to sit behind us because there wasn't enough room for him.




After church they took pictures of the families and I wanted a picture with me, Catie and my mom...3 generations of Villacampas.  I also realized it was my first Mother's Day as a mom with my mom!  We were trying to figure out the last Mother's Day we spent together, but neither of us could guess.  


We came back to the house for lunch and my parents packed up and headed home.  It was a nice weekend and service, but we know that even though both of our families couldn't make it to the baby dedication they will all encourage us as we raise our children.

Matthew got me a beautiful necklace for Mother's Day.  (I'll give him credit until the boys are old enough to shop!)  It has the kids' names and birthstones.


No comments: