Sunday, April 27, 2014

Catie is 1 month!

This past month has flown by!  Obviously there were lots of changes with the addition of a new family member, plus we have had lots of visitors which we all have loved.  Catie even celebrated her first holiday, Easter.  I think Catie has grown a lot and does not look like a newborn.  I could say that she looks like a teenager since she is dealing with some baby acne.  Poor Catie!  I'm hoping it means she'll have nice, clear skin when she is a teenager!  (I've really hoped all of the kids have inherited my skin.)  Catie has given us lots of smiles, though never when we have a camera nearby.  I'd like to say that we're closer to getting on a schedule, but we're not.  I can usually get her to sleep some to all of the boys' nap time.  It's getting easier being home with all 3 kids.  I even took them all to get Robbie and Alex's haircut Friday.  I'm not ready to take them to the store or out for lunch by myself, though.

I have appreciated all of the phone calls and people asking how I'm doing.  I am pretty much all healed up from the surgery.  Every once in a while I get a little sore doing too much or I stretch a little too long in the morning.  I'm tired from getting up with Catie at night, that's why I look forward nap time every day!  Matthew is great helping on the weekends, letting me sleep in and taking the kids to run errands so I can stay home and nap.  Unfortunately, Saturday and Sunday are back to back and I really need a weekend day during the week! :)

Today was the first time we all went to church and stayed for both services.  I had to leave Sunday School early to feed Catie, but I figured that was better for us than to have her wake up right at the end and cry until we got to the restaurant.  And she slept through our lunch so we were able to eat without having to take care of her.

Catie - 1 week


1 month


We did take Catie's picture yesterday when she officially turned 1 month. :)

No comments: