Thursday, February 20, 2014

Check ups

Alex had his 2 year check up Tuesday.  Usually one of the hardest parts about taking him to the doctor is getting him out of the waiting room because they play movies while we wait.  Luckily the movie had just ended when we were called back and a nurse turned off the tv making it even easier for us to go to the exam room.  I gave her a huge silent thank you! :)

Alex did great standing on the scale.  It's a digital one, not one of the sliding ones.  He and Robbie sometimes stand on the scale at home, though Alex hardly ever stays still long enough for his weight to come up.  I'm sure it helped that he's had some practice and seen Robbie do it.  He weighs 27 lbs putting him in the 50th percentile.  He's also 33.5 in tall.  I couldn't tell if she said that puts him in the 50th or 15th percentile.  I'm hoping it's the 50th!!

Saturday is Alex's birthday party.  We are doing a joint birthday party with his friend.  They are 360 days apart.  His mom and I had the same due date a year apart.  She and I figured since we would both be inviting the same people we might as well just do one party rather than take up 2 weekends with parties.  It's been nice having the extra help planning and shopping.  Jim and Jean are coming up for the weekend and I know Alex will like celebrating with them, too.

The doctor had a student nurse with him and let her do the initial questions and check up.  For some reason Alex didn't seem to like her too much and didn't want to talk to her.  He lit up when the doctor came in!  I'm glad he likes the doctor.  Alex did happily give them both a high-5 at the end of the appointment.

Alex did have to get 1 shot, the Hep-A booster.  The nurse was quick and I made sure to bring a lollipop, which always helps after getting a shot.  :)

Today I had my 35 week check up.  It was the longest appointment I think I've ever had at this office and most of the time I was just waiting to see the doctor.  Alex did great with the waiting, though the 2 granola bars and lollipop probably helped!  I am measuring a week ahead, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up and just keep planning for March 26th.  I go back March 6th and then every week after that.

No comments: