Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy birthday, Alex!!

It's hard to believe that Alex is 2 years old!  Has it really been 2 years since I gave birth?  Alex is such a sweet little bundle of energy who keeps me on my toes.  He is quite the climber and I'm  not as fast these days as I used to be.  Luckily he hasn't fallen.  I just feel like he's going to be the one with the long list of injuries and emergency room visits.  So far, so good, though. :)

Alex's birthday party isn't until next weekend, so we tried to make today special.  Robbie and I made birthday pancakes (pancakes with sprinkles).  Robbie loves to crack eggs and pour and mix the ingredients.  One egg did miss the bowl, so there was a little mess to clean up.  Other than that it went well and Alex loved his pancakes.



 After breakfast it was time for presents!  Robbie really didn't like that all of the presents were for Alex, but Alex was a good sport letting Robbie help him open the gifts.




I was so excited to find this backpack yesterday at Target.  There's a deal site on Facebook that I look at and someone posted several weeks ago that it was on clearance.  Alex loves the movie "Planes", so as soon as the boys went to bed that night I headed to Target.  Unfortunately, I didn't see it then.  We were there yesterday picking up some stuff for the birthday party and I happened to see it.  I told Matt to go ahead and pay for it so Alex didn't see it and I kept the kids playing with the toys.  Matt told me later he and Robbie saw it, but didn't think anything about it.  Good thing it wasn't for Robbie! :)





Brittany mailed a card and a gift and I just love the stamp that she found!


 The boys love the Mega Blocks train Aunt Brittany!






We decided to just go to second service at church today so we didn't have to rush the morning.  (I also had to volunteer, so not going wasn't an option.)  After church we went to Mama Fu's, an Asian restaurant, because Alex loves their Ninja noodles (teryaki noodles and chicken).  It's right next to Moe's and usually Robbie likes to get a burrito at Moe's and then we all eat together at Mama Fu's, but he was happy getting some Ninja noodles, too.

After lunch we went to Sweet Frogs, a frozen yogurt restaurant.  I figure we'll get cake next weekend at the party, but we have to have something to celebrate Alex's birthday!



They wouldn't even stop eating to take a picture!

 

The rest of the afternoon was pretty much normal, just with new toys to play with.  I did hear Alex say his name for the first time.  That was after Matthew was telling him to stop coloring on the walls.  Ok, so maybe the day wasn't all good! :)

Happy birthday sweet Alex!  We love you and hope to spend many, many more birthdays with you!

No comments: