Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Robbie is 23 months old!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, in just 1 month Robbie is going to be 2 years old.  That means in 1 month I can't say that I have 2 kids under 2.  I don't really say that very often, though, so it really won't change things. 

I can't believe how much Robbie is talking.  Most of the time what he says is pretty clear but there are also times when Matthew and I look at each other hoping the other one can translate!  The other day we were getting the boys ready to run errands.  Robbie had his shoes on and the garage door was unlocked so he headed outside and then came back in when we weren't right behind him and said "come on guys!"  Matthew plays Sesame Street games with Robbie on the computer and when he wants to play he says "play Big Bird us."  When he wants to watch Bubble Guppies (or as he says, Buggle Guppies) on tv he looks for the momote because he knows we need it to turn on the show.

I'm looking forward to the cooler weather so we can play outside more and not sweat to death.  Robbie's grandparents want to buy him a swing set for his birthday and I think it's a great idea.  Robbie has pretty much outgrown the little one we bought him.

I know I said in a previous post that we saw Robbie's 2 bottom molars coming in a few days ago.  I just saw his top left molar coming in yesterday.  I knew he was advanced: he's getting his 2 year molars and he isn't 2 yet! :)  Luckily teething never really bothered Robbie.  Alex's gums are swollen so I'm sure he'll start getting his first tooth soon and I'm just hoping it will be as easy for him as it is/was for Robbie.

We just found Donald Duck had been brought home from my parents' house when we were down a couple of weeks ago.  I told my mom we were holding him hostage.  Surprisingly she didn't seem too concerned about paying any ransom.  Hopefully I'm never held hostage and my keepers call my mom!


When we came home from the gym yesterday I could tell I needed to change Robbie's diaper.  When I put him up on the changing table I noticed something down his shirt (onesie).  I couldn't believe that he walked out of Kid Zone and I strapped him into his car seat and never saw it until we got home!  I'd feel worse about it if we didn't go to the gym a lot and are able to return it.  If he had taken it from a store it would be a different story!  And I actually blame the Kid Zone workers.  If they had changed Robbie before we left this wouldn't have happened.  I wish I could have gotten a better picture, but Robbie just wants to look at pictures on the camera whenever he sees it, not be still and have his picture taken.



No comments: