Sunday, September 16, 2012

Alex is 7 months old!!!!!!!

Alex is 7 months old already!  More than half a year has passed.  It seems like he has been with us forever and maybe it's because he's crawling and sitting up earlier than Robbie.  That's right, Alex is getting into the sitting up position all by himself!  He did it for the first time Friday.  I had him sitting in front of the couch and then I got up to do some stuff.  I saw him later sitting up in front of the fireplace playing with his toys.  It took a couple of seconds for me to process that he got into the sitting position by himself.  He did it 2 more times Friday so Matthew and I could see him do it and has done it multiple times since then.  I told the nursery workers at church a couple of weeks ago that Alex is ready to move up to the next room (the crawlers room) but they must not have believed me because he was back in the nursery this week.  We'll see if they are ready to let him move up next week. :)

1 week






1 month


2 months


3 months



4 months


5 months


6 months


7 months


Such a happy baby!


I love Alex's laugh!



We are cleaning out the boys closets (their dressers, really) and moving them up to the next size.  I think Robbie will be a little harder because he is still in between 18 months and 24 months clothes.  The clothes that Alex is now wearing are clothes that I really remember Robbie wearing.

It was getting a little late tonight, so we decided to bathe Robbie and Alex at the same time.  It didn't go great, but that was because Robbie didn't want a bath tonight.  He pretty much cried the whole time, but that meant I got a good look in his mouth and saw that his two bottom 2 year molars are coming in!  I have been trying to look in his mouth these last couple of weeks, but it's hard to get him to open his mouth wide enough to get a good look.  I'll have to try and check for top molars soon.

No comments: