Saturday, July 14, 2012

A few videos

I always feel bad when posts are more about one kid than the other.  I know it isn't a perfect world and things won't always be 50/50, but I'm going to try to even it out with a couple of videos of Alex (and one of Robbie).

Alex has become such a smiley and giggly baby.  It's so cute and I love to hear him laugh.  We have found a couple tickle spots on him, too.

(Sorry if the video and sound don't match up.)



Matthew tickling Alex



Matthew has been working with Robbie to get a few basic football signs down.  Robbie can now do touchdown, first down and holding.  Can't wait for football season to put this knowledge to use!



I read that Robbie can pick up 20 new words a day (not that he will say them!).  His vocabulary is definitely expanding.  For a long time he would say "minow" and we had no idea what he meant until Matt figured out that he was saying "meow".  In the last day or so he started saying "meow" pretty well.  He just started saying "Robbie" clearly, too.

Last weekend we saw Alex's first tooth!  This weekend, it's gone!  I read that teeth can "disappear" several times during the teething process as the gums swell while other teeth come in.  Luckily I hadn't written it in Alex's baby book.  I'll wait until the tooth makes its final appearance.

I thought Alex might be starting to crawl forward as he had grabbed one of Robbie's shoes that was out of his reach.  I have tried putting other things out of his reach, but to no avail.  He is rolling to the left and the right, though.  I'm not anxious for him to start crawling, but it is fun watching them develop and learn new skills.

Monday was our 7th anniversary.  We waited until the boys were in bed to open cards.  Matthew surprised me with roses and a chocolate cake from Costco.  It was delicious but way too much for me to eat by myself.  Luckily I had a few play dates this week to share the cake, I took it to Bible study Thursday night and Matthew took the remainder to work with him Friday.

No comments: