Thursday, April 19, 2012

Robbie is 18 months old!!!!!!

I can't believe how old my boys are getting! While Robbie is becoming more independent, he does still like doing things with Matthew and me. He's been my buddy lately, which is nice and he has even started giving me kisses! When I would ask for a kiss before, he would throw his head back, yell "no" and laugh. At least he thought it was funny.

Matthew and I opted to have both boys' check ups at the same time today. That was not a fun experience. Robbie cried whenever the nurse or doctor even looked in his direction (slight exaggeration, but not much). We're pretty sure his height and weight aren't accurate, either. He wouldn't sit on the infant scale and when they put him on the electronic scale he wouldn't stay still. Even the doctor asked if Robbie had just gotten over a stomach bug because he weighed less than the last time Matthew took him in when we thought he had an ear infection. Luckily Robbie doesn't go back until he turns two. I don't think he's going to forget, though, and that appointment is going to be just as tough as this one was. One nice distraction they have in the rooms is a box of crayons so they can color on the table paper. Robbie liked doing that!

Robbie's stats:
Height - 33 in (75%)
Weight - 25.2 lbs (75%)
At least he has been consistently in the 75th percentile!

Alex's stats:
Height - 23 in (50%)
Weight - 13 lb 9 oz (75%)
The doctor noticed that Alex has done some growing since his 2 week check up. I did notice he chunked up sometime between weeks 2 and 3. I'm surprised he's so short, though. It's hard to tell at this age, though, and as I said before, I don't know how accurate the nurse's measurements were.

The other day Robbie climbed up on the end table and made it his snack table. It's funny because my niece, Kayleigh, has sat there, too. Robbie hasn't done it too much, but it will be interesting to see what happens when the cousins see the other one sitting at "their" table!



We went to the zoo last week (yes, again!) with my friend and her son. We are definitely making good use of our zoo membership! We really didn't see a lot of the zoo even though were there for almost 3 hours. Amber took the big boys to pet the goats while I fed Alex. I figured that way the boys were penned in (literally!) and couldn't get away from her. We went back to the goats after lunch and then saw the penguins before we left. Robbie actually went into the "underwater" penguin viewing area. It might have helped that his friend went in first. He had a good time watching the penguins and didn't want to leave.

Friends!



Watching the penguins swimming



Ready for his close up!



Robbie found one of Alex's pacifiers and was chewing on it. He had it in his mouth the right way, but apparently was embarrassed to be photographed with it in his mouth. Here's the best picture I could get.



Earlier this week Robbie started going up and down his slide all by himself. I'm definitely a hoverer and I still worry that he is going to fall backward, but I am realizing that I can't keep holding his hand forever. It's really all my friend's fault. We were at the park together and she was letting her daughter, who is only 1 month older than Robbie, climb all over the playground by herself while I was climbing on everything with Robbie. I know part of it is because she takes her daughter to the park more often than we take Robbie so her daughter has more experience. I guess we'll have to take Robbie to the park more often, not that I think he'll mind! Robbie is funny because he will wipe off his hands if they get dirty. Last night he was picking grass off of his feet after he sat down on the slide. (He was bare foot.) Since I was making a big deal about him going down the slide he would clap for himself, too. He's clapping at the very beginning of the video, too. It's funny how he inches himself forward on the slide until his momentum takes him down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see the stats! They're both doing great. Those blue eyes of Robbie will get him a lot of attention from the girls in a few years. He, Kayleigh (boy attention) and Brian can compare notes. :) Our family has the best looking grandchildren in the world!!!!!